Section 1 - Scope
In this privacy notice, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to SAIFCharter Ltd
This notice applies to all data subjects (you) whose personal data is collected regardless of the method in which we collect the information (such as online, by telephone, letter or face to face), in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Section 2 - Responsibilities
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us so we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected when it's in our hands. Please read this notice carefully as it explains how we and/or carefully selected third parties we work with, collect and use your personal information.
These terms may apply in addition to other privacy notices or terms we inform you of in specific circumstances when we are collecting or processing personal data.
Section 3 - Use of Personal Information
We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of:
Providing and personalising our services
Dealing with your enquiries and requests
Carrying out market research
Providing you with information targeted to SAIFCharter members, such as information relating to the SAIFCharter constitution.
We collect information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms and from other data you provide us with from time to time.
We will send you information according to the information that you provide to us. If you would like to change these preferences at any point, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can write to The Data Controller, SAIFCharter Ltd, One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS.
What is personal data? - Under the Data Protection 2018 personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instructions on each browser’s support site:
Please note however that turning off cookies may restrict your use of our website.
Your information may be used to send you details of those services we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you have indicated to us.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email, post or telephone) that we use to contact you, please contact us by one of the methods shown earlier.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data may be classed as one of the categories below:
- Provision of a contract via the SAIFCharter Constitution
If you would like more information on the Data Protection Act 2018 and how it impacts you, this can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website at ico.org.uk.
Section 4 - Consent
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Will SAIFCharter share my personal data with anyone else? We will pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to SAIFCharter in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil our services. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with SAIFCharter’s procedures.
Section 5 - Disclosures
SAIFCharter will pass your personal data to third parties. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
- Golden Charter → SAIFCharter are the owners of Golden Charter.SAIFCharter pass certain information to them including your name, address, email address and information relating to forms you complete on the website to facilitate the distribution and monitoring of service led messages.
- Third party payment processors → For any purchases you make using a payment card, SAIFCharter uses a third party payment processor to take this payment. Third party payment processors who work with SAIFCharter are contractually bound to adhere to Data Protection legislation and act in compliance with our instructions.
- Third party supplier → From time to time SAIFCharter may use the services of market research companies to follow market trends and monitor satisfaction with our services. Third party suppliers who work with SAIFCharter are contractually bound to adhere to Data Protection legislation and act in compliance with our instructions.
- Digital Services →From time to time we will seek the assistance of select third parties who help with advertising on our website and tracking/reporting website visitors. Unless you have adjusted your computer’s browser settings then it is likely that certain data which may be classified as personal data e.g. your IP address, will be able to be accessed by the likes of Google’s Double Click and Google analytics
- SAIF → SAIFCharter members are required to be SAIF members first and foremost. When new members apply for SAIFCharter membership or if a member leaves SAIFCharter, SAIFCharter share this information with SAIF who update their membership database.
We will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
Section 6 - Retention Period
SAIFCharter will process personal data for the length of time required to fulfil our obligations contractually or legally.
SAIFCharter will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the Data Protection Act 2018.
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. SAIFCharter is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Section 7 - Your right as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation. SAIFCharter will endeavour to provide you with the detail we hold on you to allow you to take it to another organisation. This may be limited by technological requirements.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review - in the event that SAIFCharter refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the section below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Can I find out the personal data that SAIFCharter holds about me?
Yes, SAIFCharter, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. In order to do this please write to The Data Controller, SAIFCharter Ltd, One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS.
What forms of identification will I need to provide in order to access this?
SAIFCharter accepts the following forms of identification when information on your personal data is requested: photographic identification such as a valid passport or driving license and a utility bill showing the same name and address.
Section 8 - Complaints
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by SAIFCharter (or third parties as described above), please write to The Data Controller, SAIFCharter Ltd, One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS.
You also have the right, if you are still not satisfied with how we have handled your personal data, to contact the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Contact Name: Information Commissioner’s Office
Address: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Other websites linked on our site